March 28th, 2016
Whiten Your Smile & Help A Child!
This year we are kicking off our 12th annual Smiles For Life campaign! Thanks to the generosity of our patients, so far over the past decade we have raised $223, 579 for locally-based children’s charities.
This year at the Crown Council Convention, Boger Dental was recognized for being one of the top producing offices for the campaign by being honored into the Smiles for Life Hall of Fame! Thank YOU, our patients, for your tireless generosity and support for this great cause.
That money has provided:
How Can YOU Join In The Fun?
Let us help you whiten your teeth and together we can brighten the lives of children in need! Here’s how it works:
- Call our office at (763) 546-7707 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- At the appointment we will make custom whitening trays to use with with Opalescence whitening products.
- Pay $200 (half the original cost) as a tax-deductible donation to Smiles for Life.
- One week later, pick up your custom-made trays.
- Get ready to smile…both to show off your bright, healthy smile and because you just did something to help others!
- Then tell your friends!
Smiles for Life 2015 Check Presentation to Smile Network
Smiles for Life 2015 Check Presentation to Ronald McDonald House Charities
March 20th, 2016
We are honored and excited to have been voted for the fourth year in a row as Best of Plymouth in the dental category! Thank you, Plymouth! Here’s what the Plymouth Magazine write up said:
Best Dental Clinic: Boger Dental
“The teeth of patients aren’t the only things shining at Boger Dental—the award wall is filling up fast. This is the fourth year the family-owned business has won Best Dental Clinic in Plymouth. The differentiator? A history of excellence: “My father established our tradition of excellence here at Boger Dental 40 years ago, and it is our mission to maintain that high level of integrity through all that we do here,” says Chad Boger, DDS. “We hire the best, and we invest in the latest technology, so that we can provide comprehensive dental care all under one roof.” The clinic offers everything from general dentistry and orthodontics to dental implants, cosmetic and restorative dentistry, and is the leading practice in the Minneapolis area for neuromuscular dentistry.”
Visit Plymouth Magazine’s “Best of Plymouth” issue to find out about the other wonderful Plymouth business establishments who would love to have your patronage!
March 14th, 2016
There is a lot of talk about radiation — from the sun, minerals in the soil, household appliances, and also dental x-rays. It is wise to be cautious about the amount of radiation that you are exposed to, so fortunately you take ease in that the dose of radiation you are exposed to during the taking of dental x-rays is extremely small, especially with our digital x-ray technology. Our hygienist, Michelle Sensat, has done some interesting research about dental x-rays.
- The first dental x-ray images were made in the same year they were discovered—1895.
- The huge, radiation-scattering dental x-ray machines of decades ago have evolved into smaller, safer, faster, and better equipment.
- Newer digital radiography (sensor-based systems) requires less than 10 percent of the radiation of the traditional film-based units.
- Digital images can be readily shared among practitioners in the dental and medical fields, making patient treatment more efficient.
- Radiation safety stresses the ALARA principle—keep dose exposures to a patient As Low As Reasonably Achievable.
- There is radiation in the air we breathe, in stone, bricks and cement, in luminous watch dials, our color TV sets, and computer screens. Total lifetime exposure from all sources should be considered.
- Cooking with natural gas and flying cross-country expose you to more radioactive materials than a dental x-ray.
- Dental x-rays help diagnose early-stage cavities, gum diseases, infections, and some types of tumors.
- Boger Dental uses ELDDR—Extremely Low-Dose Digital Radiography
- Finally, to equal the amount of radiation the average citizen picks up from naturally-occurring background sources each year, a dental professional would have to take 950 digital x-rays.
If you have any questions about digital dental x-rays or any of the technology that we have in our office, we welcome you to contact us. We would be happy to tell you more!
References: See Michelle L. Sensat, RDH, MS
December 14th, 2015
The Boger Dental team enjoyed an afternoon of fun and festivities to celebrate the holiday season.
Boger Dental Team 2015
Our Dentists: Anamaria Betterman, Scott Schmidt, Joe Madden, Chad Boger and Kristi Scherweit
Our Awesome Admin Team
Our Amazing Dental Assistants
Our Helpful & Hardworking Hygienists
November 23rd, 2015
Together We Can Make A Difference For Our Neighbors!
This holiday season we are partnering with Interfaith Outreach and Community Partners (IOCP) to help provide holiday meals for families in Plymouth, Wayzata, Orono, Long Lake, Hamel families that are served by IOCP.
The Holiday Meal Kits will consist of:
- Nonperishable Appetizers: Canned Nuts, Crackers, Etc.
- Ham (Since we cannot refrigerate this for them, we are accepting financial donations to: IOCP, Memo: Holiday Meal)
- Green Beans, Canned
- Sweet Potatoes, Canned
- Stuffing Mix
- Boxed Potatoes
- Gravy Packets (No Glass)
- Cranberries or Fruit, Canned
- Muffin or Roll Mix
- Baking Ingredients: Flour, Sugar, Oil
- Cake Mix & Frosting
You Can Help Feed Families, Too!
The IOCP will combine whatever we can gather to make meals for these grateful and deserving families. Whether you bring an item or two or a whole bag of these groceries, your generosity will be put to good use. You can also choose to write a tax-deductible monetary donation to provide a holiday ham for the meal.
WHO: Boger Dental Community & Friends
WHAT: Food Drive. Please bring food donations listed above.
WHEN: Please bring your donation by Friday, December 18th, but the sooner the better.
WHERE: Boger Dental, 2720 Annapolis Circle North, Plymouth, MN
(Mon, Tues & Wed 7-8, Thurs & Fri 7-4)
WHY: To support local families in need. All items will be combined to create meals for families in our communities!
The Team at Boger Dental