Are you self-conscious about stained or discolored teeth?
You may have tried at-home strategies like eating foods that promote a healthy smile. However, if you want the best results, professional teeth whitening is your best bet.
Professional teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures, and is a simple way to revitalize your smile and give it that extra sparkle. While many stains can be removed during a routine dental cleaning, some discolorations are more deeply embedded in the enamel and require more extensive tooth whitening. It’s now faster than ever to whiten teeth that are stained from coffee, red wine, smoking, medicine or other sources.
There are a lot of different tooth whitening systems available today. Based on your unique situation and goals, your dentist will help you determine the most effective approach for whitening your teeth.
Wondering about your options? Here’s a breakdown of two of our favorite systems, Zoom! Advanced PowerTM and Ultradent Opalescence Boost.
Option 1: Zoom! Advanced PowerTM Teeth Whitening
Looking for a whiter smile but don’t have much time? Zoom! Advanced PowerTM may be the solution you are looking for. With this efficient teeth whitening system, you can transform your teeth up to 8 shades whiter in under an hour. Compared to many other tooth whitening systems, Zoom whitening is more time-efficient and has the capacity to go several shades lighter.
How Zoom! Advanced PowerTM Teeth Whitening Works
Your dentist will spread a special Zoom whitening gel containing hydrogen peroxide on your teeth. Then, a special light designed to activate the ingredients in the gel is applied to your exposed teeth in three 15-minute segments. The combination of the light and the Zoom whitening gel works to break up discolored stains and whiten the teeth in a remarkably short amount of time.
Benefits of Zoom Whitening
- Time-Efficient: While many other teeth whitening techniques take several weeks to take effect, Zoom whitening allows you to walk out of our office with a whiter smile in just one visit.
- Effective: This tooth whitening procedure has the capacity to whiten your teeth up to 8 shades lighter depending on the initial color of your teeth.
- Long-Lasting: By using the at-home maintenance products you are given and maintaining good oral hygiene, you can preserve the whiteness of your teeth for an extensive amount of time.
- Safe: Studies have shown that the light and gel used for the Zoom whitening procedure are both safe and non-destructive to tooth enamel.
- Low-Maintenance: Instead of hassling with at-home teeth bleaching trays, you can have your teeth whitened by a professional while you relax in the chair.
Option 2: Ultradent Opalescence Boost
Ultradent Opalescence Boost is our other most popular whitening solution here at Boger Dental. In many ways, it’s similar to Zoom, so read on to find out which option is right for you, and ask your dentist if you have questions.
How Ultradent Opalescence Boost Works
Opalescence Boost uses a 40% Hydrogen Peroxide solution to whiten teeth. Like Zoom! Advanced PowerTM, it uses a gel which is applied to your teeth. Unlike Zoom! Advanced PowerTM, it does not require a whitening light.
Ultradent Opalescence Boost can be accomplished in two twenty-minute sessions during the same dental appointment. With Ultradent Opalescence Boost, you can have whiter teeth in under an hour!
Benefits of Ultradent Opalescence Boost:
- Time-Efficient: While many other teeth whitening techniques take several weeks to take effect, Ultradent Opalescence requires just two twenty-minute applications, which can be accomplished during one appointment lasting about an hour in total.
- Effective: Ultradent Opalescence Boost is known to provide stunning, long-lasting results.
- Long-Lasting: Ultradent Opalescence Boost does not require at-home maintenance products. This also helps keep the cost of treatment manageable.
- Safe: The gel used for Ultradent Opalescence Boost has been proven to be safe and non-destructive to tooth enamel. The gel contains fluoride and potassium nitrate, which strengthen teeth, prevent sensitivity, and make them more resistant to cavities.
- Low Maintenance: Instead of hassling with at-home teeth bleaching trays, you can have your teeth whitened by a professional while you relax in the chair.
In addition to in-office options like Zoom and Boost, your dentist may also offer take-home trays. Are you ready to revitalize your smile? Schedule a cosmetic dental appointment today to find the teeth whitening option that’s right for you.