You may have done a quick Google search for a dentist nearby or simply called your insurance company to find your current dentist. What you may not realize is that you’re not stuck with the dentist you’ve chosen if they aren’t a good fit, especially if you have dental anxiety.
Finding the right dentist should be more than just about convenience. You should find a dentist who you feel comfortable with when it comes to open communication and trust about your dental fears. That way, you’re more apt to schedule and keep your dental appointments in the future.
Some Factors to Consider in Your Search for a Dentist
- Do they offer extended office hours?
- Do they offer emergency care?
- How long does it take to get an appointment with the dentist?
- How long has the practice been open?
- What is the education and clinical experience of the dentist and their staff?
- What kind of chairside manner does the dental staff have with patients?
- What kind of reviews are other patients leaving?
- What kind of patient comforts do they offer, such as warm blankets, television, music, or other comforts that can make a dental appointment and treatment more enjoyable?
- How are their dental costs presented, and what payment options do they offer?
- Does your dental insurance cover this office?
- Is the staff trained to provide the latest sedation dentistry options?
Schedule an Appointment
During your search for a dentist, you may want to schedule an appointment with the office to get a feel for some of these factors. Scheduling an appointment to get to know a dental office can help you identify how friendly the staff is when you call to make your appointment, check in, and as you go about your treatment.
One of the most important aspects to consider is chairside manner when it comes to finding the right dentist. Find a practice that makes you feel welcome and comfortable. Seek out a dentist who specializes in sedation dentistry and makes you feel as though you can speak with them about your dental anxiety without judgment.
Check Out Boger Dental
We understand that going to the dentist is not on the top of your priority list and that for some people with dental anxiety or phobia, can be downright scary. That’s what makes finding the right dentist so important.
Schedule a consultation today to see if Boger Dental is the right fit for you.